Election of regional representatives to the Committee of CFR Ireland
Dear CFR Group
We are now seeking additional regional representatives to help support CFR Ireland grow CFR groups in
Ireland and support the return to active duty alongside the National Ambulance Service.
We currently have 2 regional reps in the South, 1 regional rep in Leinster and no regional reps in the West.
We want to bring all regions up to 3 reps in each area as we are aware of all the hard work that will be needed
in the upcoming months in the return to active duty.
There are 4 stages to the election:
1. CFR Groups can nominate up to two members for public vote but only one member per group can be
voted in to the regional rep role.
2. Nominated members can provide a personal profile that will support their nomination when the
nominees are announced for vote. The personal profile must not exceed 100 words (group name is not
3. Ballot papers and nominations list are sent to each CFR Group registered with CFR Ireland.
4. Ballot papers are returned, counted and results published after the successful candidates are notified.
Nominations will be submitted via email to email@example.com prior to Friday 13th of November 2020 5pm. This will
be conducted by way of an email ballot for all CFR Groups registered with CFR Ireland and that were being
tasked by NAS to respond to emergency calls prior to being stood down due to Covid 19. Normally this would
be done by postal nomination but due to Covid we have opted for email nominations.
Regional representative role
Successful candidates will be required to represent their region on the committee of CFR Ireland for a period
of 3 years. They may seek re-election after that time. During their term they will be involved with the
development of CFR Ireland, undertaking tasks to enhance the value of CFR Ireland to its members as well as
ensuring its relevance and sustainability. As part of this, they will be responsible for facilitating the regional
networks in their own region.
Nominees seeking election should first consider their availability of time over the next three years. As
volunteer members, they will be required to be involved in many tasks and projects that will require a
significant commitment of personal time.
CFR Ireland directors reserve the right to remove any member that does not work to our ethos of bringing CFR
groups together and enhancing the CFR network and the work we do with NAS. CFR Ireland directors reserve
the right to support all nominees.
Candidate selection for nomination at group level:
• Any member who is an active Responder, may be proposed as a candidate for nomination from their
• CFR groups, who choose not to nominate anyone for election or choose to only nominate one person
for election, shall still have two votes in the election for their region.
• All nominations should be placed before their CFR Group members, which must then should discuss to
make the final choice for nominations. In this current environment zoom, phone meetings are
• The responsibility to notify their members who are entitled to propose candidates, rests with the
Coordinator / Chairman / Secretary of each CFR Group.
• Persons nominated must be active within their CFR Group.
• Nominations must be sent to CFR Ireland on the official nomination paper from the chairperson/coordinator.
• The nomination can be seconded by another member of the group via email
• The nominee must then submit their personal profile, which is to be a maximum of 100 words (group
name not counted). See the existing Board members’ descriptions on www.cfr.ie for examples. CFR
Ireland reserves the right to edit profiles if they exceed 100 words or contain inappropriate content.
This will be accepted as the nominees acceptance of the nomination.
• Closing date for nomination papers and profiles is 5pm on Friday 13th of November 2020. Any
nominations received after the deadline will not be accepted.
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com